All the essentials are right here on this page. Last major revision: July 2015
Click here for the funding campaign for
Verhampshire.Org: Sustainable Alternative to Facebook.
(Stocknectar.Org receives no approval nor payment from any suggested brokerage or ETF. However, this is only general information, not financial advice. Please modify any suggestions according to your personal situation. If you do not fully understand this information, please seek professional advice.)
- 20% to 50% of each paycheck must go directly to a savings account.
- Invest your savings. If you do not invest, you will lose half to inflation.
- Invest safely, per steps 4-7. Otherwise, you could lose half in a crash.
- Avoid “quasi-safe” investments. (Annuities, CD’s, corporate bonds, etc.)
- Primarily use “index investing” with broad-based equity ETF mutual funds.
- Always maintain emergency Stop orders costing no more than $5 per trade.
- Always keep 1/4 savings in short-term US Treasury TIPS. (STPZ, VTIP, etc.)
- Click for details on Stocknectar’s Seven Steps.
- Best Hedge Investments: Gold, TIPS, Cash.
- Worst Hedges: Gold Mining, Silver, Platinum.
Other Investment resources provided by Stocknectar.Org.
- Stocknectar.org: SNT Free Investing Tips Newsletter.
- Stocknectar.org: Best Long-Short DIY strategies.
- Stocknectar.org: SN-SOS High Security Autotrading.
- 2015.07. SeekingAlpha.com: US vs. EU and China.
- 2014.03. SeekingAlpha.com: 10 Best Gold ETFs.
- 2013.03. SeekingAlpha.com: Trend-Trade vs. Leverage.
- 2013.02. SeekingAlpha.com: Best Long-Short Investing.
- We also encourage successful investors to donate 0.1% annually to environmental charities.