All the essentials are right here on this page. Last major revision: July 2015
(Stocknectar.Org receives no approval nor payment from any suggested brokerage or ETF. However, this is only general information, not financial advice. Please modify any suggestions according to your personal situation. If you do not fully understand this information, please seek professional advice.)
Stocknectar’s Seven Steps For Financial Survival.
- 20% to 50% of each paycheck must go directly to a savings account.
- Invest your savings. If you do not invest, you will lose half to inflation.
- Invest safely, per steps 4-7. Otherwise, you could lose half in a crash.
- Avoid “quasi-safe” investments. (Annuities, CD’s, corporate bonds, etc.)
- Primarily use “index investing” with broad-based equity ETF mutual funds.
- Always maintain emergency Stop orders costing no more than $5 per trade.
- Always keep 1/4 savings in short-term US Treasury TIPS. (STPZ, VTIP, etc.)
Financial Survival Tutorial.
- Detailed explanations for Stocknectar’s Seven Steps.
- Best Hedge Investments: Gold, TIPS and Cash.
- Worst Hedge Investments: Gold Mining and Silver.
Other Investment resources provided by Stocknectar.Org.
- Stocknectar.org: SNT Free Investing Tips Newsletter.
- Stocknectar.org: Best Long-Short ETF strategies.
- Stocknectar.org: SN-SOS High Security ETF Autotrading.
- 2015.07. SeekingAlpha.com: Secure US vs. EU Investing.
- 2014.03. SeekingAlpha.com: 10 Best Gold ETFs and Perspectives.
- 2013.03. SeekingAlpha.com: Trend-Trading Beats Leveraged ETFs.
- 2013.02. SeekingAlpha.com: The Best of Long-Short Equity Investing.
- We also encourage successful investors to donate 0.1% annually to environmental charities.