What we are about. Stocknectar hopes to assist any investor large or small to maximize gains, while also hoping to minimize losses in the event of a recession, via the following resources.
- SNT Free Trend Trading Signals & Investing Tips.
- Stocknectar List of the Best Long-Short Mutual Funds.
- SNAA Long-Short Autotrading System.
- SNHR Stocknectar Hedge Fund Reviews.
- We also encourage successful investors to donate 0.1% annually to environmental charities.
Our investment philosophy.
- Consider not-spending. You can be wealthy right now if you can find people whose income is half as much as yours and live as they do. The true measure of wealth is not how much you earn, but how little is your proportion of spending to earnings. Children should learn to place half their allowances in piggy banks and grownups should do similarly. If systematically investing 1/2 your salary is not feasible, try for 1/5 or perhaps 1/10. Then eventually your investment income can become as large as your salary. If your grandparents had done this then instead of living hand-to-mouth, you and your descendants might devote their energies to helping out their grandchildren and favorite charities.
- Never invest more than 1/5 of portfolio with a single mutual fund or with a single brokerage, company, municipality, sector or small country. The Enron scandal was not the first nor will it be the last company failure to devastate many families. Similarly, Singapore or Disney World might be good places to invest 1/5 of your savings but no more.
- Consider long-short mutual funds. The best long-short mutual funds only require investments as little as $500 and are able consistently to lose less than the S&P during major downturns. However it is important to choose only the best. Click here for a list of the Best Long-Short Mutual Funds.
- Consider individually-purchased US Treasury TIPS. (Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities.) F.D.I.C insured deposits are not safe! Read this article: The Confiscation Scheme Planned for US & UK Depositors. Nothing is as safe as TIPS. In addition, TIPS are the most sure-fire hedge against inflation and stock market losses. For optimum safety, TIPS must be bought individually. The process is easily understood by telephoning an online broker.
- Consider ¢entsible home ownership. The right home can make you, the wrong home can break you. The right home is easily affordable on a 15-year mortgage, close to work, has low tax and insurance rates, and includes a two-door camper or a well-separated rental unit. If you or a relative fall on hard times, or if an elderly relative needs to live nearby, or if a young relative needs independence, it becomes important to accommodate this while reducing expenses and not cramping your lifestyle. That done, home ownership is better than gold because you cannot live in a bar of gold.
- Consider 1/10 portfolio in gold coins. Contrary to popular myth, gold can fall sharply in value. However, holding a moderate amount of gold coins does make sense. Only gold can deliver absolute certainty of having cash available during a state of emergency or of an investment decision that will be correct for your grandchildren. Modern 1 oz. gold coins are cost-effective to trade, not cost-effective to counterfeit and are easily authenticated by measuring weight, diameter and thickness. Avoid silver coins, gold bars and high-priced gold coins which are problematic to trade or authenticate.
- Consider 1/10 portfolio in local investments. We encourage everyone to consider some small local investments in solar electricity, health care or food production–not only for personal benefit, but also for the sake of assisting global stability via regional stability.
- Consider 1/1,000 portfolio to Greenpeace each year. The human race is currently non-sustainable. Things could be different if only everyone paid 0.1% of their investments annually to help preserve the free air, water and fish that support us.
To receive current information on all of the above topics, click here for our newsletter: SNT Free Trend Trading Signals & Investing Tips.
Offsite publications by Stocknectar staff.
- 2013.06. An “Editor’s Pick” at SeekingAlpha.com: Best Long-Short Mutual Funds, 2013.
- 2013.04. Published at Benzinga.com: Review of J. Cohen’s Put-Selling Vs. Stock-Buying.
- 2013.03. An “Editor’s Pick” at SeekingAlpha.com: Trend-Trading Beats Leveraged ETFs.
- 2013.02. An “Editor’s Pick” at SeekingAlpha.com: The Best of Long-Short Equity Investing.